Membership Levels and Benefits
Benefits of Membership
Eligibility. Only those persons or entities who shall qualify for membership according to the provisions of these Bylaws shall become members. All Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, must never have been convicted of a felony, and must agree to be bound by NALA’s Code of Professional Ethics.
Voting Membership $40.00. The following shall qualify for voting membership:
WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE: Choose only one (1) qualifying option above starting with the lowest number which applies to you. For individuals qualifying under 4, 5, 6, or 7 above, a completed Employer Attestation form should be submitted to email@example.com after completing your online membership application.
Student Membership $20.00. The following shall qualify for Student Membership.
Any individual who is enrolled, either full-time or part-time, as students in good standing in any college, junior college or other school pursuing a course of study as a paralegal, and who does not otherwise qualify for voting membership.
STUDENT APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE a School Attestation form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing your online membership application.
Associate Membership $25.00. The following shall qualify for Associate Membership.
1. Individual members of bar associations endorsing the paralegal concept or involved in the promotion of the paralegal profession.
2. Individuals of the education field endorsing the legal assistant concept or involved in the promotion of the legal assistant profession.
3. Individuals employed by a law firm, corporation, or governmental entity, who provide legal support to attorneys and/or paralegals, and who do not otherwise qualify for Voting membership.
4. Individuals employed as legal administrators or paralegal supervisors who do not otherwise qualify for Voting membership.
6. Individuals who previously qualified for Voting Membership who have retired, either permanently from the paralegal profession. (Individuals who still qualify for Voting Membership under 1 to 3 above, may choose to retain Voting Membership.)
Benefits and Qualifications of Sustaining Membership $65.00.
Sustaining membership is open to those individuals, law firms, bar associations, corporations and other business entities, who support the paralegal concept or who are actively involved in the promotion of the paralegal profession.
Copyright Heartland Paralegal Association.
Heartland Paralegal Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization.