MESSAGE FROM THE NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE
DEAR HPA MEMBERS:
The current membership year is counting down, and it will soon be time for election of a new Executive Board for the 2015-2016 membership year.
This year's officers are very willing to explain their duties to anyone interested in running for a particular position. None of it is difficult and, in fact, we have a lot of fun! If any member wants to be added to the slate of proposed officers, please contact Nicole Conner or Tomi Holt.
Here is quick review of the nominations and elections process:
· Those individuals running for office must complete and return the Declaration of Candidacy form to the Nominations and Election Committee Chair by email no later than February 20, 2015.
· Late February 2015: newsletter will report all candidates running for office.
· March 3, 2015: report of potential ballot of candidates due to the HPA Executive Board.
· Early March 2015: email of voting information, including proxy holder instruction, will go out to all HPA voting members. If no email address, regular mail will be utilized, confirming receipt of each member's voting information.
· Late March 2015: a second newsletter reporting/review of all candidates for members' review is published.
· April 6, 2015: completed proxy holder designations (if utilized) are due.
· April 10, 2015: General membership meeting and election of officers held, followed by installation ceremony of new Executive Board.
· May 5, 2015: Executive Board "transition" meeting held — outgoing and incoming Board members exchange notebooks and answer questions.
· May 12, 2015: Names of newly elected or appointed officers are submitted to NALA and the Affiliated Associations Director.
Nicole Conner (email@example.com) and Tomi Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org)